Nanyang Technological University
50 Nanyang Avenue
Nanyang Auditorium is one of the largest University Auditorium in Singapore. Spanning an area of 12,123.6sq meters, the Auditorium is NTU’s pride and joy. Located in the heart of Nanyang Technological University, the Nanyang Auditorium is the most centrally positioned building in the campus.
Built within the NTU Main Complex, best to serve the entire Campus population, the Auditorium’s main Theatre sits about 1,736 people, including 10 handicapped. Its interior and architectural finishing’s wood veneered and fabric-wrapped acoustic paneling, along with carpet flooring. Her external, Aluminum roofing sheets with fluorocarbon finish, aluminum-clad eaves, and full height glass curtain walling. The design of the building is very contemporary; its dynamism is expressed through the unique sweeping curved roofs and the large glass façade at the main entrance. The Nanyang Auditorium’s dynamic form symbolizes NTU’s desire to be a world class university in the new millennium.
How to get here?
- Take the MRT East-West (Green) line and alight at Boon Lay MRT Station. Thereafter, take Singapore Bus Service (SBS) bus service no. 179 or 199 at the Boon Lay bus interchange located just next to the MRT station.
- Take SBS bus service no. 179 or 179A.
- Drop off at B09 Block N2 (27221), cut through the School of Biological Sciences (SBS)to reach the Nanyang Auditorium.
The university is served by two entrances: Jalan Bahar entrance and Pioneer Road North entrance.
If you are coming by the Pan Island Expressway (PIE) in the direction of Tuas,
- get off PIE at Exit 36
- Turn right into Jalan Bahar after the down ramp and then look out for direction sign to the university
- Turn left into Nanyang Avenue and proceed ahead to the Jalan Bahar entrance
- About 5 m from the entrance is an information kiosk with a campus map, if you need help to navigate and locate the building you are visiting
If you are coming by the PIE in the direction of Changi Airport,
- Get off the PIE at Exit 38
- Keep left and look out for a direction sign to the university
- Follow the sign to access via the Pioneer Road North entrance
- Turn left if you are heading for the academic buildings and Chinese Heritage Centre
- Go right if you are heading for Nanyang Executive Centre, NIE and residential apartments
If you are coming by Pioneer Road,
- Drive straight towards Pioneer Road North which passes under the PIE flyover
- Look out for a direction sign to the university
- Proceed ahead to the Pioneer Road North entrance
The campus map could be downloaded here: Campus Map